Friday 27 July 2012

Composting

While I was spending a few days swanning around Pisa with my cousin, Jon got his parents over to the House of Love to put in some work. I came back to a tidied front garden (how does it get so messy and weed-strewn?), some lovely new daisy-like flowers in the back garden, and my longed-for second compost bin.

This means I'll be able to move my compost from one bin to the other getting lots of lovely air in there to help the bacteria break everything down that little bit quicker. It also means I can have one compost bin for collecting and one for using, no more having to decant the compost bin into bags!

They sensibly built the new bin over the MASSIVE tree stump in the garden thereby using up some otherwise dead space.

Look, it's got a special door to help me get at all that lovely compost.

What a stylish compost bin, made from reused pallets don't you know.

So now I have a black bin to put all the yuk in while it breaks down and a nice wooden bin for all the lovely tasty nearly ready compost to do it's last rotting.

2 comments: